Healing

{ Tuesday, March 29, 2011 }
I saw this video on YouTube and it really brought tears to my eyes.
I think this is a good example of music that brings you closer to God, and to doing good things. 
The message of the song is clear: be kind and helpful towards others, bring a smile on their face.
A very beautiful message, but what I'm sometimes struggling with is my shyness. I'd like to help others, but feel too shy to really talk to them. I know it's not a bad thing to be shy, especially towards men, but it's preventing me from doing good, so it's not good in my case. I pray that God will help me with this, to lift my shyness in a way that I can be a blessing towards others.
Although of course this is not an excuse for everything, because I don't feel shy towards my best friends and family, and I can definitely do more for them and be kinder to them. So I think I will start with that, inshaAllah. Another item on my long list of resolutions hehe. 
But seriously, it's very important, and it's also very pleasing to God. This should be our main goal in life, to please God. So let this song be a reminder and a way to change the life of others for the better, inshaAllah!









2 comments:

rose water said...

Dear sister.
Thank you for sharing this beautiful post! I really loved it and insha'Allah your shyness will disappear just a little with the years :)
Take care sweet sis <3

Safiyah said...

I'm glad you liked it, sis! :) you take care too! <3

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment :-)
Please be respectful. I will not publish any comments that put other people down or use bad language.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...