Some say love...

{ Sunday, May 8, 2011 }


Some say love, it is a river,
That drowns, the tender reed.
Some say love, it is a razor,
that leaves, your soul to bleed.
Some say love, it is a hunger,
An endless aching need.
I say love, it is a flower,
And you it's only seed.

It's the heart, afraid of breaking,
That never, learns to dance.
It's the dream, afraid of waking,
That never, takes the chance.
It's the one, who won't be taken,
Who cannot, seem to give.
And the soul, afraid of dying,
That never, learns to live.

And the night, has been too lonely,
And the road, has been too long.
And you feel, that love is only,
for the lucky, and the strong.
Just remember, in the winter,
Far beneath, the bitter snow,
Lies a seed, that with the sun's love,
In the spring, becomes a rose...

11 comments:

rose water said...

Ooh I like this song so much. When living in Belgium I actually used to play it on the guitar and sing it very often :) It's beautiful. I'll sing it again soon, now where you reminded me of it :)

Safiyah said...

very nice, sis :) Did you sing it in Dutch or English? First I only knew the Dutch version, but when I looked it up on Youtube I also found this English version, and I like it a lot too :)

P.S: did you receive my e-mail? ;-)

rose water said...

I sang it in English, but I'll sing the Dutch one now :D

Safiyah said...

I sent the e-mail again, I hope you got it now :p

Marie said...

One of my favourite song - truly beautiful!
Thanks Safiyah and have a lovely evening!

rose water said...

You won the Butterly Award :)
http://rosewater1.blogspot.com/2011/05/butterfly-award.html

The Diary of a Muslim said...

Beautiful lyrics!
Salam sister :) I am your newest follower and love your blog! Look forward to reading lots more! If you get a chance, drop by my new blog:
http://thediaryofamuslim.blogspot.com/

Safiyah said...

@Marie: I agree! :) Have a wonderful evening yourself ;-)

@Rosewater: thanks again for the award, sis! :)

@The Diary of a Muslim: Thanks for following my blog, and for your sweet words mashaAllah :) I've checked out your blog and it looks very nice mashaAllah! I'm a follower now too! ;-)

Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} said...

Ah, such a classic song! Thanks for sharing!

Safiyah said...

You're welcome, Hannah :)

SS said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment :-)
Please be respectful. I will not publish any comments that put other people down or use bad language.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...