New Year's Resolutions!

{ Friday, December 30, 2011 }
It's a cliche, I know, but I figured it couldn't hurt to have some good intentions for 2012! Of course making a list of resolutions once a year won't be sufficient to achieve my goals, so I'm planning on making a list every week of 5 goals I want to achieve (little and big things). If I've achieved a goal, I can cross it off my list, and replace it with another one, but if I haven't, I have to keep writing it down every week on my list. I think it's a good plan :) 


So, what are my good intentions for 2012? (The list is not in order of importance)



  • Learn to cook! -> I'll take cooking classes because Mum will only ever let me cut the vegetables
  • To help my mother with the housework
  • To find a way to be together with my partner permanently
  • To gain more knowledge about Islam
  • To get my driver's license 
  • To work on my thesis and graduate!
  • To write more
  • To spend more time on my inner life -> prayer, meditation
  • To work at least one day a week so I can have my own money
  • To do an extra effort to master Arabic
  • To work on my relationship with my parents and to be more honest and open with them
  • To make a conscious effort to enjoy life -> To make an extensive list of things I like and to do at least one of them every day
  • To at least start on learning Uzbek (native language of my partner and his family)
  • To be more assertive
  • To have the courage to wear hijaab
  • To read more books, also Arabic ones
  • To read an Arabic newspaper and look up the words I don't understand
  • To find out what I want to do professionally (kind of urgent :p) 
  • To think about what I want to do next year (work or study)
If I can achieve all of them, I will have a very successful year! (or is it just wishful thinking? :p)
In case I don't write anymore until next year (oh hahaha old joke!):

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I wish you all a blessed 2012! May you and your family all remain in good health, may all your wishes and dreams come true and may you achieve all your New Year's resolutions! ;-)

Much love,

Safiyah




5 comments:

vimari said...

i want make a drive license, learn arabic, be on 100% raw food diet and trip to usa like au pair - my great goals for new year ;)

Candice said...

Good ones! I like you idea of having a list of things you want to do that carries over every week if you don't do it. It's bound to work if you actually take the time to look at it :)

Have a good 2012!

Almost a Muslimah said...

these are cool! i'll definitely steal a couple of yours and put them on my list :P and i'm with Candice, it might be a better approach if you look at them and revise them every week.
good stuff altogether! me like! :)

MarieHarmony said...

Have a wonderful year Safiyah! May you achieve much more than what you expect and may your heart remains as kind and open as it is.
Unfortunately I won't be near Cairo but up in the north. If I am around I will let you know. Take care my sweet friend.

Becky said...

Those are good resolutions/goals, keep us updated on how it goes!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment :-)
Please be respectful. I will not publish any comments that put other people down or use bad language.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...