Fasting together: who's in? ;)

{ Sunday, February 19, 2012 }
Narrated Sahl: The Prophet said, “There is a gate in Paradise called Ar-Raiyan, and those who observe fasts will enter through it on the Day of Resurrection and none except them will enter through it. It will be said, ‘Where are those who used to observe fasts?’ They will get up, and none except them will enter through it. After their entry the gate will be closed and nobody will enter through it.” (Bukhari)


Assalaamu aleykum,

I was thinking of fasting this Wednesday, and I wanted to extend an invitation to my dear readers to fast too. Fasting has a lot of benefits and is very loved by Allah swt. Also, it's easier to fast if you know others are fasting too. :) Maybe we can even create a mini-Ramadan feeling by devoting extra time that day to worship. I was also thinking (for those who have a blog) that we could write about our day afterwards to share our experiences and create a feeling of togetherness. Especially converts will know that fasting can be very lonely if we still live with our non-Muslim families. 

Anyway, let me know what you think ;)


8 comments:

New Wife said...

I would love to fast but inshaAllah I will be travelling on Wednesday.

Maybe we can try it again later?

HijabRockers said...

Assalamu'alaikum sis.

Just to share, the sunnah of our prophet is to fast on monday and thursday. There's a hadith about it narrated by saidatina 'aisyah rodhiallahu 'anha but I can't find it in english to put here =). but you can fast whenever u want too except during haraam days. There are 5 of those I think. =)

This Girl Blogs said...

Salam sis
I think thats a brilliant idea! Count me in :D

Safiyah said...

@ New wife: no problem, sis, maybe you can propose a date for next time? ;)

@ Hijabrockers: I have class on Thursday, that's why I want to fast on Wednesday :p

@ This Girl Blogs: Great :D

MarieHarmony said...

Great Idea Safiyah! Count me in, I wanted to fast since the end of Ramadan, but when you are alone doing it, It can be a real challenge.
So here we go, we are already 3. Thanks for the initiative.
Take care

Safiyah said...

That's great news, Marie :)

New Wife said...

okay, inshaAllah I will have to check with my husband when is good for him then I will let you know!

DD said...

Good idea! You might want to consider fasting on Monday and Thursday however, it's sunnah to fast on those days :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment :-)
Please be respectful. I will not publish any comments that put other people down or use bad language.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...