Sadaqa box and Motivation

{ Tuesday, February 28, 2012 }
Assalaamu aleykum :)

I'm going to follow the advice of Sheikh Abdelhakim Murad and start a Sadaqa box!
Basically, what you do is everytime you do something what you consider wrong, you put some money in the Sadaqa box. At the end of the month or so, you can give the amount of money you "raised" to a good cause, inshaAllah. I think it's a great way to transform bad into good. A Sadaqa box doesn't mean that you have to do as many bad deeds as you can, of course, but it's more a way to control yourself, and if you trespass your set boundaries, inshaAllah at least some good will come out of it. 

So here are some offences that will cost me. 

Missing a prayer while at home: 1 euro

Missing Fajr: 2 euro

Missing a prayer while out, but in a position to pray: 50 cents

Starting on my work for uni later than 12 o'clock: 50 cents

Working less than 4 hours a day for uni under normal circumstances: 1 euro

Forgetting to say "bismillah" before and "alhamdulillah" after having food or drinking: 20 cents
(I don't know why, but I always forget!)

Swearing: 20 cents

Being unkind to parents: 50 cents

This might not seem a lot of money, but don't forget that I'm a student with no regular income, so to me it is a lot! ;)


4 comments:

SS said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ayah said...

Mash'Allah this is a great idea! I think I'll have to start doing this insh'Allah, jazak Allah khair (btw, 1 euro can go a long way depending on where you live...every little bit can help, and it's the intention, not the amount, that counts, and insh'Allah that is what you will be rewarded for!)

Safiyah said...

BarakAllah feeki for your comment, sister :) I agree, your intention is the most important thing :)

MarieHarmony said...

I think this is a great idea, first because it helps us to see where we have to improve ourselves and then the money we get our of it could change somebody's life a bit.
Brilliant Safiyah!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment :-)
Please be respectful. I will not publish any comments that put other people down or use bad language.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...