Love Yourself

{ Friday, March 30, 2012 }
Look into the mirror
You are you
A gift to the world
And part of God's beautiful creation
You have a purpose
You don't have to be anyone else
Or do anything else
to be worthy
Celebrate your existence
All the good and all the bad
Your scars and your treasures
How can you not be beautiful
Look at the mountains, the sky, the flowers
You are made by the same Creator
Tell me, how can you not be beautiful?
Give yourself your biggest smile
Like you would welcome an old friend
Love yourself
Recognise your worth, your richness, your radiance
And ask yourself 
How would my life look like
If I considered myself good enough?
How would my life look like
If I had the courage to follow my heart?
You are here
You are loved,
More than a mother loves her child
If you feel empty
Only God's love can fill you up
You are sufficient
You don't need any man or any woman
to give you a reason to live
Find yourself
under the mud
Wash yourself clean of all your illusions
Very lovingly
You are you
You are enough
You are worthy
Exactly as you are.

<3 


8 comments:

the other side of me said...

Instantly loved it..:) Very nice read

Safiyah said...

Thank you! =)

♥●• İzdihër •●♥ said...

Beautiful :).

perfectly.imperfect said...

did you write this? If so. This is beyond beautiful! Definitely made me feel good about myself!

Safiyah said...

Thanks! :)

Safiyah said...

Yes I wrote it, alhamdulillah. I'm glad it made you feel good! =)

Aziza said...

I LOVE IT! We all need a little "pick-me up" sometimes and this definitely a great one MashaAllah. May Allah reward you dear sis for reminding us of our worth and of His beautiful creation. (:

Safiyah said...

Ameen! Thanks Aziza! =)

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment :-)
Please be respectful. I will not publish any comments that put other people down or use bad language.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...